Monday, November 12, 2012

Inspired

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend an amazing event for women called "The Heart Retreat".  It started as a dream for one woman and she made it a reality.  She desired for a way for women to get together and feel the love and encouragement the Holy Spirit provides within us.  A way to connect and worship God.
You can read about it here.

To be honest, I really wasn't sure I was going to go. I had signed up to go and teach a class, but after the week we had last week, I just didn't know if it was a good idea.  Rylee was sick with influenza B and we all were sleep deprived. I had already taken off work and prayed about whether or not I should go.  Having talked with Lee about it, I decided that I would go. I had already committed to teaching a class and driving my roommates. So I went.

It's funny how things work out the way that there are supposed to. Even though I was stressed to leave my family for two days (I tend to overreact quite a bit), it was well worth it.  I learned so many things abut myself and made some new friendships that I know will last a lifetime. The women that I got to spend time with this weekend were fantastic! I became inspired. Inspired to be a better wife, mother and friend. But most importantly, I am inspired to be a better follower of Christ. I know that there will be many stumbles and falls, but I know that He will always forgive me. I know that He will always be there for me.

I am so thankful for my husband supporting me to go. I am also thankful that my dear boss let me take off and telling me that my relationship with Christ is first. And I am thankful for these women. The women that put this event on, the ones I met and the special ones that will remain a constant in my life.

I am inspired:).

P.S. Thank you Betsy for the inspiration to blog again:)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny....YOU were such an inspiration to me!! I'm SO BLESSED that God orchestrated for us to meet, and I can't WAIT for our friendship to grow! What an awesome way to empower and ecourage one another! :)