Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Life is what happens...


When you're busy making plans...right? Ok, well we have been busy, but I am posting now, right? Anyway, things around the Holmes house have been busy busy! Rylee just finshed his fall soccer season and just in time for the cold temps!

He really enjoyed the fall soccer better. I think that it's because he is starting to understand how the game works and what the point is! he had several goals this season and made some good friends. It's nice to see them not running in circles!
Reesie is growing and growing! She is 6 and a half months old. I can't believe it! She is rolling everywhere and getting up on those knees to chase after her big brother. We think that she will be crawling soon enough.
Lee has been working all the time and on top of that doing his Air Force Reserve duties. We still haven't gotten a school date yet, but we are praying it comes soon, so we can plan accordingly. He is also taking a photography class and really enjoying it and learning a lot. I know that I am biased, but he is really talented.
A couple of girls at work and I have decided to run a 5k on Thanksgiving morning and I have been training for that. This is something that I have been wanting to do for a while, so I am really excited about it. I was taking Reese with me for a while, but it has gotten too cold for her now. I think that she enjoyed her 30 minute nap!

I plan on continuing to run through the winter and eventually train for a marathon. It's on my bucket list and a big goal that would be very rewarding when I accomplish it! Let's just hope these old bones keep up! Haha!
We are praying for healthy kids throughout the winter. I know it's going to be a rough one this year. Rylee got his flu shot last week ("Mom, that flu shot was NOT cool!") and Reese is scheduled for hers in a couple weeks. She will get both and Rylee will get his H1N1 when they have more come in. Both kids have had infections and right now Rylee is fighting a terrible sinus infection and bronchitis. Poor baby has been down since Sunday with a fever and the congestion. We have kept him home all week and hoping that the rest will help! Please keep both he and Reese in your prayers. Pray that he will get better and she doesn't get it!
We hope that you all have a great day! I promise to keep this updated!

1 comment:

Andy, Liz and Laura Chervenak said...

Laura and I are both getting flu shots soon. When I talked to mom the other day she informed me that I have never had one, so yeah, its going to suck for me BIG time. Laura is a shot pro. She's had a lot of needle experience with all her hospital stays and doctor visits.