Monday, August 16, 2010

August 10, 2004

Tuesday August 10, 2004, God blessed us with the sweetest and most compassionate little boy. I had been in labor for 20+ hours and finally at 5:41 p.m., Rylee made his appearance. He weighed in at a whopping 8.4 and was 20 inches long. The moment that I held him, I knew that my life would forever be changed. We both did. I know that a lot of people say that they can't remember their lives without children, but I can tell you that since the birth of our beautiful son, I am forever changed. I don't remember what it was like before him and I don't even care. All I know is that these two children have made me the happiest I have ever been. (Yes, yes I am such a sap!) Every day is not rainbows and butterflies and trust me, I do get frustrated, but it's all worth it. God is so good!

So, fast forward six years and here we are, with a young man, on the verge of his first day of Kindergarten. This year we let him choose what he wanted to do for his birthday and he decided he wanted to have Wendy's for lunch and go to Bonkers with his cousin and have fun. So, that's what we did. Here are some pictures of the kids from their afternoon fun.





So, tomorrow is the big day! Rylee starts kindergarten. And for those who know me, it is going to be a bittersweet day for me. I am so excited that we have reached this point and he is sooo ready, but at the same time it's a little sad to send my baby off on a new adventure. I know deep down in my heart that he will do amazingly well, so I have no worry there. So, in the spirit of the last day of summer, I leave you with a picture of the kids on their first SnoBiz of the year.


Happy last day of summer!:)

1 comment:

Kurt, Lindsay, and the girls said...

oh Missy....I feel ya. Lexi starts prk next monday and I am so torn. I am so excited for her, but at the same time I just want to cry! Good luck to your little guy....and I am sure we mamas will adjsut just fine too!