Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Day of School



We, uh, I mean I, officially survived the first day of school! Woohoo! Rylee was so excited and was ready to go. Lee and I (and Reesie, too) parked and walked him up to the building. When we finally reached the doors after several pictures he told us that he we didn't need to walk him in, he was okay by himself. Yeah right. Like that was gonna happen. My baby, first day? Um...no. He remembered where his classroom was and when he walked into the room, (after more pictures), he proudly announced "Good morning, Ms. Leake!". After hanging his book bag and giving daddy a quick hug, he took a coloring page and sat down in his seat and began talking and coloring with the little boy next to him. He was ready. He was such a big kid. Wow.

So, his first day was great. His favorite part was lunch (they had pizza) and recess ("We went outside two times!") and they got to visit the library and do a spy mission. And you all will be proud to know that the only time I got weepy was when I was waiting to pick him up in the carpool line and it all hit me. Good timing, though because who wants to look over and see a blubbering idiot in the carpool line. Haha. Oh, who am I kidding? The day isn't over yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aawwwww!! I love it =) He is such a cute little man =)