Monday, June 6, 2011

Back in the saddle

First I'm going to show you my day 6 picture then I'll get to the post title.
Day 6: from a low angle

I was laying on the floor with my iPhone camera pointed at the ceiling when my husband asked what I was doing. I told him I was trying to get inspired for my picture of the day. Duh (winning)! Except for I wasn't. Anyway he told me to go outside, lay below the tree and take a picture. Well the tree part was a great idea. But not so much the laying down part. You see we have cicadas. It's some sort of 13 year species and there are supposed to be something ridiculous like 22,000 around our area. They shed, mate, are loud and stink! Yuck and yuck. So anyway being the chicken I am, I ran out to our big tree and took a picture standing under it. In high definition. Yep on my phone. I think it's pretty cool.



So on a different note, it's time for me to get my hineyland in gear and start running again. I have run sporadically since my half marathon but nothing consistent and certainly nothing impressive. I have my sights set on a specific half marathon in the near future, so I need to get back in the saddle. Isn't it funny how we love doing something so much and when we don't make it a priority we forget. That's kind of how I feel about running. I LOVE to run. It's my therapy and it's so freeing. Now I'm just kicking myself for waiting so long. It's gonna be heck these first couple of weeks!!

So tomorrow is the day. I'm putting it on my blog to hold me accountable. Now I gotta do it. No excuses!:)

Back in the saddle again...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: